Thursday, July 24, 2008

Jury Duty drama!

So I was sent a summons for Jury Duty. I actually received 2. One for Oakland and one for Hayward. So I call and let them know. They or me can't figure out why I received two. They only difference on the summons was the date. The date for Oakland was July 23 and the date for Hayward was July 24. So the lady asked me which court I preferred, duh, Hayward, I live in walking distance of the courthouse. Anyways, she told to disregard the Oakland one, and call in for the Hayward one. So today was the day, actually you call the number after 5 pm and listen to your reporting instructions. Well mine said the info wasn't available over the phone, I had to talk with somebody. Of course the office was closed. Well you can get online and determine your jury status also. When I got on mine it said I was disqualified. I didn't get it. I finally talk with someone this morning. She tells me my service was for yesterday, the 23rd. OK. So I proceed in telling her the story. She says "I believe you, because nobody could make up a story like this." She then asked me if I could bring the summons to the courthouse so she could get a copy. Then she heard Dayton in the background and asked if I had daycare for him. I said well I can ask his gramma. I'm thinking I might go to jail or something for trying to avoid jury duty! (that's how my warped mind works!) So I get to the courthouse, she makes a copy and tells me they found the problem. There was a computer glitch and some other people were affected also. And that my juror group was called in today but to the Oakland courthouse. Oakland had more cases than they had jurors. She also said she put me as excused. I said thanks and left. My mom and brother both tell me "ooh your lucky" But I have wanted to be on a jury since I turned 18 and became eligible! I want to sit in on a case. I often believe I would be a good attorney. I love to argue and I love to be right. I also love to research my truth and proving just how right I am. Just ask my family!

2 comments:

Monica said...

Jury duty is such a waste of time!! I would be ticked if I went to Hayward and then they told me to go to Oakland.
You are lucky to get out of it! But you might have been on a good case especially in Oakland since they have a ton of homicide's.

snowprincess said...

I hate jury duty summons, especially since work pays me for a couple days so my number gets called I go and sit all day waiting. Last time I got picked to serve but it was going to last longer than I would get paid and cause a financial hardship so they excused me. Havent been called since. Now that I said that though I will probably get summoned lol